Thursday, August 10, 2017

Where the hell have I been?

This blog feels like going back in time.
I don't know if anyone is still out there, but if so I thought I would update you on where I have been, and what I have been doing.

I haven't built a boat in a while. I have been working out how to turn boats into a business. I know many smart people (including boat makers) have said that you can't make money doing it, but I think things have changed. I also think there is an opportunity to change the way boats are made. We shall see.

Another update is that I went back to school again. This time for my masters in design. I am almost done, so that should be exciting. I am hoping to teach some, but otherwise I don't have a plan.


And last but not least, I kickstarted a product. You can check out the campaign here.  I know it's funded, but I still need your support. This could be backing for a lamp, or it could simply be sharing the link with your network. There is also lots to read and look at on my website www.avbates.com.





Finally, I hope everyone doing the 340 this year is having a blast. I feel the pull of the current and really want back on the water.
Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment