Wednesday, May 15, 2013

As I prepare

A quick note before the test tomorrow.

I realized I had forgotten a few things and should get them done before the test. A place to tie a rope for example. Also, a bit of trim over the center bulkhead. It's funny how the details can slip.

So, while I was at it, the question of weight came up.

Couldn't be more than thirty-six pounds.... right?

Got it up on a postal scale which maxes out at fifty pounds.

As you can see, the hull weighs in at about twenty-five pounds.

The bow strap is added with a sex bolt through the hull at a narrow point and held
in place with epoxy. 

This is the paddle I will be using for the test. A gift intended for the mantle, it's the shortest paddle I have.

So, tomorrow we will drop it in the water in Lincoln Park. The city parks are oddly not paddle friendly, but the lagoon here is attached to a harbor with a boat launch. I have a person willing to get in, a driver (the same guy actually: Teddy from the fiberglass part of the story), and someone to capture and document it all.

I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment