Monday, May 20, 2013

Back over miles past #1

Hey everyone. 

Today has been a real bear, but I wanted to shoot out a quick post about the race. The boat worked. We were pretty good. We didn't win. The boat broke, but then I fixed it on the bank, and we finished the race. We both got sunburned. 

I will try to edit some clips together, but for now I will say that everything went really well. I am pleased with my first successful design and build of a hull (I built the Curve, but I didn't design it). Meers and I could have been faster, but we were out of practice and the broken hull slowed us down while we made repairs. Also, we had to portage any rough spots after the repair so as not to get wrecked. Our time ended up at 4 hours, 24 min. 

Not a bad test. 

I am still taking in all that I learned and processing what it will mean, but I think it is a clear indicator that I can use a modified version of this hull (without a hole in it of course) to make Fenrir Mark II. That is good news. 

I will get something together soon, so stay tuned.... and if I can say anything: use sunblock.


No comments:

Post a Comment