Monday, April 25, 2011

Ketchup

I have been gone for a week or so- away on business, actually- so I thought I would play catch-up on what has been going on.

Those of you familiar with the MR340 recognized the image at the top immediately.  I realize I haven't given proper credit to the organizers and participants of this great race.  To be honest, I am not sure I could.  It's a rare occasion when you stumble upon such a great group of guys and gals.  Scott at Rivermiles has put together an amazing program and is tireless in bringing awareness and improvement to the Missouri River and it's tributaries.  I recommend checking out the site www.rivermiles.com for all sorts of information and entertainment.
Also, I can't express how cool everyone in the race is.  I have communicated with many of them and they are always willing to help or crack wise or both (usually both), but they are always friendly.  They have built a community around these races, and often use it to do real good in the world.  Many teams have turned their effort into fundraising efforts and I encourage everyone to check out their cause and help them along the way if at all possible.  Here are some of them.  I apologize to anyone I missed and if you send me a message or comment, I will gladly add it to the list.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?px=9029600&fr_id=16894&pg=personal

www.todaysletters.com


http://whiterocknavy.wordpress.com/


www.beautiesbarnacles.weebly.com


www.DarkHorsePaddleSports.com


http://www.active.com/donate/paddle2battle


http://loshumungos.blogspot.com/ 


www.rivermiles.org 






Okay, there is some good reading in there.

I am going to put together my next post, since I just got some really cool stuff, like a sponsorship contract and some parts. Spent the last two days at a little local river and the eddies and currents made me very anxious to get all this together.

Never mind this last part.




Rivers have a pull to them, like that of a highway or dirt road as it moves off toward the horizon. They are the natural pathway promising travel to the great Somewhere Else, if only one way. And the boat is the supernatural carrier on the great journeys. It is flight, in a way, that we glide over a surface with little effort and can be transported at nature's speed through the world. How fortunate to be so near such a wonder.


No comments:

Post a Comment