Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Eve Day

Well everyone I am in Canada enjoying time with my Mom and getting used to the cold. Of course I spend a bit of time on the forum and today there was a great thread about building. I want to share some of those links.

Here is a slideshow of some really interesting boats.

Also looking at some free software like this one from Bearboat.  Pretty cool, though I will have to play with it a bit before I get the hang of it.  The guys on the forum were talking about this kayak foundry, but I work on mac and so can't try it out.


At the moment I am trying to get out and do some cross-country skiing. It's tough to get a set around here but I brought my boots so I hope to get a hold of a few. I feel like I have to get out and do something. I got a little sick when I first got here, but I am feeling better and I am itching to go outside. I think that may put me on the outside of most of the locals' point of view. Everyone seems to be indoors or on motorized vehicles - a lot of snowmobiles and trucks but nobody is really walking around. It's a shame. I know it's cold, but it is going to be cold for the next few months, and I can imagine being inside for that long. Also, it's beautiful out here.

Last night I was on the balcony of Mom's apartment and a winter fog had come in. The town was barely lit and the moon gave everything a silver sheen. This morning I went to get some breakfast and everything was coated in hoarfrost. The contrast of the frost and the dark pines is really quite lovely.

I did get out and do some sledding with my brother and his family. I haven't been sledding in a long time, and it wasn't as good as this. It's good to see the kids. They also seem to spend a lot of time indoors playing video games and what not, so I enjoyed getting outside with them.

Anyway, this isn't about how I spend my vacation, so I will see what comes up and see if I can't find some more relevant inspiration. At the very least, I will be back in the US for New Year's eve and back to my boats soon after.

No comments:

Post a Comment