Thursday, December 20, 2012

Something on the Side

I was tidying up the shop the other day and Sarah came in to ask a favor. Usually that means I will be fixing a shoe or shortening a belt, but this day it was a different project. She had gotten a hold of some furniture and wanted to alter it to make it useful. The whole project is a little ambitious for a beginner, but I think it is a great opportunity. I love to teach, and in my experience, the excitement a beginner brings makes the project better. So, we got started.




Sarah learning how to take apart old furniture without destroying it.

Sarah cutting dowels to fill holes where the legs used to be.

Taking down the surface of the feet to make the parts fit.

A design decision between two options.


The lovely Sarah on the first stage of her new bench with her teacher behind. She's smiling cause she did most of the work and it is turning out really well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment