Tuesday, December 18, 2012

For Good Measure

I don't want to brag, but I took a model home (again with the jokes).

Ever hear the story of a guy who builds a boat in his basement and then realizes he can't get it out? I'm a guy who built a boat in his basement, and it worked just fine. Before I look too smart, let me tell you that I built a model and it didn't fit in my tub.

Now I have to build a way to test and measure it.
Crap.

It also may make you wonder how a guy my size (and I am pretty big) fits in that tub.

Something to think about.

On a personal note, I am battling the ghosts of holidays past and future. The present is oddly empty at the moment, but this is my least favorite time of year. I won't get into the specifics since it would take a long time and diverge too much from the theme, but I will send along my greetings to all of you. As I type, my audience in Canada is reading what I have to say, and in some ways that is nice. I spend so much time alone I forget sometimes I am not talking into the void. I am also not trying to sound depressing. I think the book I am reading by Noteboom (excellent, though vague for travel writing) has put me in an odd frame of mind. Too much on the recent past, and so much emphasis on legacy.... not holiday reading.

I am not sure how much I will write before I leave, so it is possible that I will be out until the new year.
If that is the case, let me take this opportunity to wish you all happy holidays. Christmas, Chanukah, or whatever other people celebrate (I could list them all, but it would take too long).  In the true spirit of the season, I would pass along my sincere hopes that you all- regardless of who or where- find time to appreciate what you hold dear. Thank you for following along, and I will continue to be as entertaining and insightful as I have been. The target remains.


Sincerely,

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment