Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fresh Coat

So, while the hull repairs are curing, I started on the styling.
I sketched in the lines with some vine charcoal, using the digital sketches for reference.

The lines are initially very rough, but I will clean them up as I begin to paint.  Fortunately I had that color of paint lying around from the refinish on a picnic table.  Two coats and I will be able to clear over it with urethane.  


Some of the charcoal picked up in the paint, but after everything dries I will wipe that off and apply the second coat of paint.   The real trick to it will be getting a symmetrical job out of it.  I will probably use a chalk line stretched around the hull for the lateral lines and the planks for vertical alignment.  I am still not sure if I will do the lettering by hand, but probably.  I may do them by hand to make templates and then paint from that.

With one more training run to go, we will have to take care not to destroy the graphics or cause any further damage.  That should be no problem if we stick to the Spoon River and run during the day.

2 comments:

  1. Dried Fast, Painted Quicker than I'd imagined, Stripes indeed make everything go just a little bit faster.This fortitude shows the ladies later in life you mean to get down when you wanna get down. In this case, a River. Anyone of them will do but one where First = $$$ well, start There. I wish like baby boomers went to smugglers for some natural plant instead of national drug store chain pharmacies for dependent potions, and that stuff only grew in mid IL along rivers so you could lead a small team of whackos that streamlined Serious enough to be all SEAL team rich for a few weeks, then get out of the biz and have a great story years later around a campfire where someone will certainly get shot with Airsoft full auto if they slip the lip anything they hear....ANyways, Nice Hull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Andrew,
    Apparently I am not supposed to be writing here? Hmmm...I have never been good with taking someone else's direction, sorry! :(
    Just had to share this...
    I believe I may have come across someone who is much like you. I didnt think it were possible before now. If you do not agree that you are alike; I am certain that you will respect all that he stands for (well, I have only skimmed the surface of his writings But they seem fabulous thus far).
    If nothing else, he writes of non-conformity in a thought provoking manner which you will enjoy!

    Check out Chris Guillebeau's Blog ...
    http://chrisguillebeau.com/about-the-project/

    ReplyDelete