Monday, June 6, 2011

The Target Remains

Well, we are going to have to change gears a bit.  I just go word that I can change class and the Meers-Cat and I are going to take on the Kaw-nivore 150.  I don't know if that is the official name.  I liked Kaw-nibal 150.  Seemed more appropriate.  But here is what will happen.

The Learning Curve is no racer.  It needs a refinish on the hull, some better decking, and seats that will be comfortable in a long haul.  It needs to be outfitted with good lights because of the nature of the river.  It needs to be worked on.   So, while I will not continue with the pedal powered boat for a while, I will continue to run this blog with the changes I am making on the Curve.

Of course, I will still put up witty banter and clever pictures.  In the future, I hope to update this from the race in real time.  But let's not get excited: we've got a lot of work to do.

Let's get started.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to being part of your support team! See you soon, Andrew!
    Laurel Yost
    (mom's Iowa pal)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://allensarchiveofearlyoldcountrymusic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew, I've just read through all of your blog entries...great stuff. Looking forward to reading more as you proceed with Learning Curve and your pedal project. See you on the Kaw.

    ReplyDelete