Sunday, July 29, 2012

Han and his wookie



My favorite quote from Han Solo is said to Luke, "She may not look like much, kid, but she's got it where it counts."  Ignoring how many times I have used this to describe a girlfriend, I have to apply it to Fenrir.

With a long day yesterday, Mom and I got the hull finished and fitted with all the components and everything in place.  Today I need only worry about controls and the outriggers (don't hold your breath on a test run).  I should be able to sit on it and make everything move by the time I sleep tonight... or tomorrow.  I don't know.  I figure ten hours to Kansas City, so I could stay up all night and sleep while Mom drives and we would get there in time.... Going to play it by ear.  Another good Han Solo quote (this one to C3PO), "Never tell me the odds."

So, here are some images of what we were doing yesterday.

checking the placement of the components


rough cut openings 

a rough set up with parts in place


about eleven thirty last night.  carbon on, time to clean up and get some sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment