Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Like sand through the hourglass....

Literally waiting for the glue to dry over here.  It's 100F and it will still take a while.
Good news?

When the glue is dry, some last minute shaping and then the skin of carbon.  Also, while I wait, I can work on the prop blades (now also drying) and the outriggers.... also drying.  Guess I will clean up since Mom will be here and the house has gone from hovel to hell-hole over the last two weeks of building.

Is the suspense killing you?  Am I going to make it?  Will it actually work?  Have I - the Great American Badass Bates- finally met with a challenge which I cannot complete?

Stay tuned.

(and, no, I don't call myself that... though, if you wanted to, I wouldn't stop you)

2 comments:

  1. I prefer Wayward Cowboy...
    Either way, I believe you'll get to where you'd like to be in the end.
    The steps between do not have to define the outcome...
    Good luck Mr. Bates

    ~BD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.
    It's going to get there, sure, but it won't touch water until race day. Or at least that is how it looks right now.
    I have to run on the lake in my underwear tonight (don't worry, it's legal) and then I am off to finish the hull. If I have a hull, I have a boat.

    Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete